House League Rules
All USA Hockey Rules will be enforced.
The following House League rules will override the USA rules.
1. Play should be stopped immediately if any player loses any protective equipment (helment, gloves etc.).
2. All players in all divisions must wear a neck guard on the ice at all times. INCLUDING MIDGETS!!
3. All players at the Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam, and Midget levels must wear a colored mouth guard.
4. All players must get equal ice time, which includes goalies.
5. Larger colored dots MUST be on helmets for Mini-Mite and Mite
A line is Red
B line is White
C line is Blue
This must be completed before the FIRST game (dots will be supplied by the Regals).
6. Each Mini-Mite, and Mite team must supply one scorekeeper or time keeper. Squirt and PeeWee, Bantam and Midget teams must supply the scorekeeper or time keeper (ADULTS only), referees will be provided by the House League.
7. Each game has approximately 50 minutes to complete for Mini-Mite and Mites, Older divisions will follow the USA hockey guidelines for game play of 60-90 minutes including flood times. The participants and officials must move the game along as quickly as possible. The House League Director will monitor any exceptions if present. Otherwise, the game is over when your ice time is up.
8. Please make sure that the score sheet is filled out correctly, the winning team is responsible for placing the completed
white copy of the score sheet in the House League mail boxes located in the proshop.
ALL PENALTIES, GOALS AND ASSISTS MUST BE RECORDED ON THE SCORE SHEET.
SCORE SHEETS SHOULD BE TURNED IN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE GAME.
9. Home team starts the score sheet: fills in the players keeping lines together, (A's, B's, C's). When completed
give the score sheet to the away team. AFTER GAMES SCORESHEET MUST BE TURNED INTO MAILSLOTS!
10. In ususual player circumstances (i.e. high absenteeism) discuss with the opposing coach how to handle the concern.
Arrive at a mutual agreement and understanding of what would be fair for everyone. If need be, consult with the
House League Directors.
11. Have your team ready to play on time, encourage your players to be fully dressed and ready to go a minimum of 10 minutes before the scheduled ice time.
12. Before each game a two minute skating and warm-up is allowed. Have one of the assistant coaches warm up the goalie.
13. Player's shake hands at the end of the game. START THE GAME PROMPTLY- DON'T WASTE TIME!!
14. Mini-Mite and Mite games will consist of three 13 minute running clock periods. There are no breaks between periods. Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam and Midget games will have three league appropriate stopped clock periods. A running clock will be used only if there is concern with time to complete the game. This will help facilitate the completion of the game.
15. 15 second face-offs. Get the kids lined up and drop the puck.
16. 1:30 minute shifts for all lines in Mini-Mite and Mite games : The "C" line starts the game, followed by the "B" line, followed by the "A" line. If the clock stops and there is less than 5 seconds left on a shift and it is not the end of a period,
the line should be changed.
17. NO "A" PLAYER CAN PLAY DOWN IN MINI-MITE AND MITE GAMES!!!
If your team is short a B player a C player must play up. If your team is missing a C player, the weakest B players rotate
around and play down. The player playing down cannot have a direct result in a goal, passed the offensive blue line. Their
only action is to throw the puck in the zone. No puck should be shot directly on the goal and not directly to a teammate.
IF A GOAL RESULTS FROM ANY PLAYER WHO IS PLAYING DOWN, THE GOAL WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
18. Conduct your team in a fair, disciplined manner. Make every attempt to hold down the score should a rout be apparent.
19. Offsides will be called on all lines starting at the beginning of the season except for the mite C line. Mite C line offsides
will be called after December 1. Discourage gaol hanging. Delayed offsides are allowed providing the puck does not go
beyoned the top ofthe face off circle.
20. DELIBERATE INFRACTIONS (USING STICK, FIST, ARMS, AND FEET), WILL NOT BE TOLORATED. ANY HARASSMENT OF OFFICIALS AND COACHES WILL ALSO NOT BE TOLORATED. ANY MAJOR, GROSS, OR MATCH PENALITIES - REQUIRE A HEARING WITH THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE.
21. A second misconduct penalty any time during the season or playoffs, for the same infraction, will result in a 1 game
suspension. Example, game 5 Tommy gets a checking from behind penalty (sitting the 1:30 and 10 min). Game
10 he gets another checking from behind, (sitting the 1:30 and 10 min) he must then sit game 11.
22. Referees MUST call penalties and rule infractions. DO NOT LOOK THE OTHER WAY!!
ALL PENALTIES MUST BE MARKED ON THE SCORE SHEET.
23. Minor penalties are one minute and thirty seconds long for all divisions. If the infraction is to expire after
the line shift is completed, the penalty will carry over until the next shift of that line. In the last six minutes of the game, this rule will not apply and the team will play shorthanded until the penalty is expired. When coicidental penalties are called, do not wait until the next face off, both players can come out of the penalty box when the penalty time has expired.
24. Promply altert the Coordinator of any unresolved differences or concerns.
25. Any and all line movements are to be approved by the House League Director
Your 5 best players should be your "A" line and your next 5 should be your "B" line. The pre-season evaluations and ratings are only to be used as a guide; however, if you are interested in moving any player from their initial rating selection in the draft, you must get approval from the House League Director.
The House League Commissioner holds all right to inquire to move a player mid-season (no later than 1/1/2022)
26. A roster will be sent to the head coach, it must be filled out and turned in, and a copy will be distributed to all the
teams in that division.
27. Playoff format for Mite, Squirt and Pee Wees; A round robin playoff will be used. Each team will play a game against
all the teams in their division. Each game has a 5 point system. One point for each period and 2 points for final score.
28. Ties: If 2 or more teams have an equal number of points, their position will be determined by the following;
The results of games played, HEAD TO HEAD, between the teams tied. First, the points acquired in these games.
Second, subtracting the goals against from the goals scored in these games. Their position shall be in order of
The Buffalo Regals support USA Hockey Zero Tolerance and Code of Conduct Policy.